Re: Bidirectional Binary Self-Joins

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 00:49:37 GMT

JOG wrote:
> nghh. obvious typo. should've read:
>
> matches := { (date:12-dec, team: Hope, team:Calvin) }
> scores := { (date:12-dec, team: Hope, score 59), (date:12-dec,
> team:Calvin, score:32) }
>
> Doesn't help I've never heard of any of these teams.

Reminds me of an ethnic joke: The (pick a country1) national football team played the (pick a country2) national team. After three hours, neither team scored, so the (pick a country1) team went home. After another hour, the (pick a country2) team scored.

My point is that I don't see how there can be a score unless there is a game, so why is "score" an part of an rva that that is part of a key of a relation called "scores" and in turn why is it part of an rva that apparently a key of date and team?

p Received on Sat Mar 31 2007 - 02:49:37 CEST

Original text of this message