Re: What is the logic of storing XML in a Database?

From: Daniel <danielaparker_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2007 13:29:58 -0700

On Mar 28, 2:52 pm, "Cimode" <cim..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> I *perfectly* understand. I am trying to trigger some
> thought by questionning with some people but I am failing miserably at
> getting across the point of XML absurdity.

Your case isn't convincing, though. Not many people would agree with you that CSV files provide a rich enough structure to serve as a replacement for XML. If you had proposed something like JSON instead, I would have taken your argument a little more seriously. As it is, I don't think you fully understand the problems that are being solved by XML. It would have been nice if people more theoretically inclined had reflected on these problems and proposed something more elegent, but in the absence of that, we're left with the work of the XML people. And it does work, it is useful.

Best regards,
Daniel Received on Wed Mar 28 2007 - 22:29:58 CEST

Original text of this message