Re: What is the logic of storing XML in a Database?

From: Bernard Peek <>
Date: 28 Mar 2007 16:28:53 GMT

On 2007-03-28, Daniel <> wrote:

>> That does not answer the question. This is a specific example of a
>> company that uses XML. I know many clients who totally ignore XML.
> Not a company, rather an entire industry.

One of the difficulties in adopting XML is that you need some sort of standards body, and lots of industries don't have one. I put together an industry standards group because nobody else in the industry had the necessary neutrality. You can gain a significant business advantage if the industry standard XML format happens to match your particular business offering and prevents a competitor from offering theirs. This is why XML standards need to be publicly debated by knowledgeable representatives from different viewpoints. They also need maintenance.

In search of cognoscenti