Re: What is the logic of storing XML in a Database?

From: Aloha Kakuikanu <aloha.kakuikanu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Mar 2007 14:24:17 -0700

On Mar 27, 1:39 pm, "Daniel" <danielapar..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> But why would you be unhappy about XML as a transport format? It's
> mostly an improvement over what we had before - CSV files, binary
> formats, etc.

So you have a string a characters and want to represent its structure? It is not a secret that XML sucks in this respect as well:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-sbxml.html

It is an unfortunate historical artifact that today's parser engines are so user-unfriendly that programmers prefer to sing and dance though all the horrors of XML rather than to approach the problem from language perspective. Received on Tue Mar 27 2007 - 23:24:17 CEST

Original text of this message