Re: Question re: Practical Issues in Database Management

From: Joe Thurbon <usenet_at_thurbon.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:49:39 GMT

TroyK wrote:

> Hi Joe;
>
> There was an error in the book related to the business rules
> associated with the 4NF example. You may be able to get the updated
> errata for the book at www.dbdebunk.com.
>
> For this particular example, the business rules (listed on p 137)
> should read:
> - An employee can be assigned to any specified project and all
> specified activities
> - An employee can be assigned to any number of projects and any number
> of activities
> - Projects and activities are independent of each other
> - A given project or activity can have any number of employees
> assigned to it
>
> There is also a correction to diagram "A" in figure 5.8 on the next
> page (which I'll not try to reproduce here).

Thanks Troy. I'll have another look with this info.

I've had a look on the dbdebunk website, but errata are only available via email. As far as I'm aware, the site is no longer kept active.

Does anyone know if the errata are available through another means?

Cheers,
Joe Received on Thu Mar 22 2007 - 00:49:39 CET

Original text of this message