Re: Negative Numbers in "Identity" or" Autonumber" fields

From: JOG <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk>
Date: 21 Mar 2007 06:33:16 -0700

On Mar 21, 6:46 am, "Marshall" <marshall.spi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 20, 10:31 am, "JOG" <j..._at_cs.nott.ac.uk> wrote:
>

> > [...] Nothing in a
> > proposition should ever be hidden from the user. Propositions come
> > from outside of the logical layer after all. If an attribute is an
> > identifier then it clearly impacts on identifying items in the real
> > world.
>
> I buy the "nothing should be hidden" argument, but I can't
> decide if a domain that only supports equality is hiding
> anything or not.
>
> Marshall

I'm not sure I'm entirely clear what you mean by a domain that only supports equality Marshall. If we are creating a surrogate that only exhibits equality with some other attribute... well (outside of some physical use for indexing say), what would be the point of having created it in the first place? It has to have some added value logically in my book. Although I might have got the wrong end of the stick. regards, J. Received on Wed Mar 21 2007 - 14:33:16 CET

Original text of this message