Re: An object-oriented network DBMS from relational DBMS point of view

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredono_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2007 01:50:10 -0700

On 20 mar, 04:53, "Marshall" <marshall.spi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> > > In what way is that not well-defined? "A legal entity is either
> > > a person or a corporation." No problem.
>
> > It does not specify whether the instance is a value or a variable.
>
> Do you actually not know what it means

I know 4 or 5 meanings of the word instance.

If instance means example then we could have value instances and variable instances. It seems that the spec only talks about variable instances. Although my first thought was that instance meant only value (occurrence) in the definition, but I was obviously wrong.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Tue Mar 20 2007 - 09:50:10 CET

Original text of this message