Re: A database theory resource - ideas

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ocis.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:16:20 -0700

"Walt" <wamitty_at_verizon.net> wrote:

[snip]

>I love the idea of a FAQ. IMO, the hard part in building up a FAQ is not so
>much finding the right answers as finding the right questions. Once your
>question base reaches critical mass, it will pretty much feed itself, I
>guess.

     So do I, but I have found most FAQs to be useless unless I already know much of the material. If one is just starting in an area, being told to read the FAQ can be very discouraging. Typically, FAQs are full of jargon, and you have a long read to determine if what you want to know about is even in the FAQ. Even if it is, it might not be written in language that one understands.

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation: