Re: A database theory resource - ideas

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ocis.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:00:21 -0700

Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Bruce C. Baker wrote:

[snip]

>> Lots and lots of simple, tightly-focused examples. Think "RDBMS for
>> Dummies"! :-)
>
>I don't see how that will help anyone learn to think in the abstract. If
>one can only understand recipes, one can go work for a restaurant.

     I can. The text for a course that I am taking right now is nearly useless to learn from. Because it very condensed, it can be very difficult to check against. I like to be able to back up a step if need be to be sure that I understand the material. Examples really help with this.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.