Re: An object-oriented network DBMS from relational DBMS point of view

From: Tony D <tonyisyourpal_at_netscape.net>
Date: 13 Mar 2007 16:05:27 -0700

On Mar 9, 11:44 am, "Dmitry Shuklin" <shuk..._at_bk.ru> wrote:

[ lots of snip ]

I have a personal rule that I try to stick to. It's quite simple: if it's in c.d.t., and has "object oriented" in the title, it's probably not worth reading. This rule does not testing from time to time, so I paddled through this thread. The following three statements of Dmitry's stand out :

March 13, 6:04pm :
"I don't warry about correctness." and
"why? implementation of vtbl can be done extreamelly fast."

March 13, 6:11pm :
"Hm, without pointers I will be unable to solve my problems."

March 13, 6:15pm :
"View contans not the same row, just a copy of attribute's values."

Or, more succintly put, it's the classic programmer's question :
"How quickly would you like your wrong answers ?"

Ah well. Rule tested, proven still sound. (sigh)

  • Tony