Re: An object-oriented network DBMS from relational DBMS point of view

From: Dmitry Shuklin <shuklin_at_bk.ru>
Date: 13 Mar 2007 11:11:42 -0700

On 12 อมา, 20:56, "Marshall" <marshall.spi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > But when I lose pointers I lose instance identity.
>
> Yes. One of the biggest advantages of excluding pointers
> from the model is that you lose instance identity, and all the
> complexity that comes with it. This is particularly desirable
> in a distributed context.

Hm, without pointers I will be unable to solve my problems. I don't see any complexity wich was appeared with pointers. But I see it when pointers gone.

> Simply heaping together features from OOPLs and
> the relational model will not get you good design.

I don't want to combine RM and OO. I just comparing them. And as result I found that network DBMS can do all what RDBMS can with the same or better performance. Received on Tue Mar 13 2007 - 19:11:42 CET

Original text of this message