DBMS for fe applications

From: jma <junkmailavoid_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Mar 2007 09:40:40 -0700

Hello all,

I am facing the following task: I want to benchmark different solutions for storing large amounts of finite element data from different simulations into one file that preferably resides in a local directory. One option of course is to stuff everything into one binary file. The other option is to use a DBMS. There is also a hybrid option, namely to store binary chunks into a DBMS, however, I guess in this case I do not take advantage of any relational data structures. I find it hard to figure out why most vendors use inhouse "database" systems instead of widely used commercial ones. Do I miss something? Any info, experience or redirection will be highly appreciated!!!

jma Received on Tue Mar 13 2007 - 11:40:40 CDT