Re: Designing database tables for performance?

From: Anne & Lynn Wheeler <lynn_at_garlic.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:33:08 -0600

Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> writes:
> Hi Lynn,
>
> The above post sat in my newsreader marked unread for quite a while to
> remind me I wanted to dig deeper when I was better rested. I did some
> spelunking through the links above and other links at garlic.com
>
> Some of the Boyd stuff is really interesting and thought-provoking.

ref:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2007e.html#1 Designing database tables for performance

I had sponsored Boyd at corporate seminars in the early 80s.

misc. past posts mentioning Boyd
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subboyd.html#boyd and various URLs from around the web with Boyd references http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subboyd.html#boyd2

now for something different, an obscure archeological relationship between rdbms, lisp, and computer ai ... mentioned in this post http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2007f.html#11 Is computer history taught now? the result of a little topic drift about 370/195 http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2007f.html#10 Beyond multicore

and here:
http://www.mcjones.org/System_R/SQL_Reunion_95/sqlr95-Vera.html Received on Mon Mar 12 2007 - 14:33:08 CDT