Re: Table/Attribute Modeling

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 09:49:17 -0000

"Marshall" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1173487463.660889.107220_at_h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

>I was interviewing a guy today, and he had obviously

> been formally schooled in ERM. Every time I run in to
> that I feel vaguely left out. I don't have a methodology
> with a cool name that I use. How am I supposed to
> impress the babes and wow my boss without an
> important name for what I do? Waaah!

In my company the word "methodology" is a euphemism. When a prospect calls and asks about doing some particular project about which we know little or nothing, we are instructed to reply, "Ah yes, we have a methodology for that." Meaning: we don't have a clue but if this conversation goes on long enough we might take the trouble to find out.

Roy Received on Sat Mar 10 2007 - 10:49:17 CET

Original text of this message