Re: Constraints and Functional Dependencies

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:15:22 GMT

Marshall wrote:
> In the case of lossy compression, I feel strongly that it is a logical
> matter, and cannot be abstracted away. The choice of compression
> ratios and algorithms needs to be under user/application control,
> not dba control.

Suppose a relation has a candidate key I which is an image of one person and another candidate key N which is the name of that person.

  1. With possrep's, could some images in the same relation be represented in TIF format and others in JPG?
  2. When inserting a TIF image of one person or a JPG of the same person, is there a way an engine could consider the TIF and JPG equal?

Does this have to do with what you mean?

p Received on Wed Feb 28 2007 - 22:15:22 CET

Original text of this message