Re: NULLS equals NULLS ?

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2007 06:45:52 -0800

On Feb 28, 2:54 pm, "Walt" <wami..._at_verizon.net> wrote:
> "mountain man" <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op> wrote in message
>
> news:WiREh.4179$8U4.1037_at_news-server.bigpond.net.au...> "Cimode" <cim..._at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >A little thread I stumbled onto this morning...A sad sign of our time :
> > > (
>
> http://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=236&me...
>

> > The management of nulls is a mandatory task.
> > The thread provides reasonable advice.
>
> > The question is "Can you improve upon it"?
> > [ie: the advice]
>
> Man,
>
> When I go to the web page, I'm given an "access denied". Can you tell me,
> briefly, that the topic is about?
>
> I figure anybody who can say "management of nulls is a mandatory task" (a
> correct statment) can sort out the pragmatic stuff from the religious cant.

What to say about a writer that confuses *Systematic treatment of missing data* as an *OK for using NULLS*. What to say about a writer who, provided with simple proofs of impact of using NULLS and a proof that no using them will help avoid all sorts of crappy problems...What to say about a person whose best mentor is an self aggrandizing ignorant such Joe CELKO...Finally what to say about an editor (Steve Jones) who banned my account for so called unprofessional conduct and left people who used terms such as **hole and **mean without producing a single sound argument... Received on Wed Feb 28 2007 - 15:45:52 CET

Original text of this message