Re: Constraints and Functional Dependencies

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 22:44:33 +0100

Marshall wrote:
> mAsterdam wrote:

>> Does this (unicode 2261)
>> come through: ≡  or does it look like gibberish?

> Yes, that's the one. Comes through just fine. (It's always
> a shock when my browser renders anything more challenging
> than ASCII.)

Brace yourself before you scroll down :-)

Playing a little with Unicode:

Mp (Marshall/paul) referential integrity =def=

        forall R(a): exists S(b): a = b

becomes

	R(a) references S(b) ≡
	∀R(a): ∃S(b)| a=b

or

(using レ = katakana re for references)

	R(a) レ S(b) ≡
	∀R(a): ∃S(b)| a=b

Classic referential integrity (no need, says paul c)

(ル = ru for references unique)

	R(a) ル S(b) ≡
	∀R(a): ∃!S(b)| a=b