Re: Objects and Relations

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2007 04:24:23 -0800

On Feb 26, 11:23 am, "Alfredo Novoa" <alfred..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24 feb, 16:23, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> > > Class Instantiation = Object <--> Scalar Value or Scalar Variable
>
> > Actually, class instantiation maps to the instantiation of a unary
> > predicate. The RM has n-ary predicate instantiation, which OO lacks
> > entirely.
>
> Well, that's what I meant with "Scalar".
>
> Regards
in RM, n-ary attribute instantiation is a synonym for tuple set.

Thanks for clarifying that. What about instantiation of multidimensional array objects? Could n' we consider them as an instantiation of n-ary attributes (or predicates if you wish)? Received on Mon Feb 26 2007 - 13:24:23 CET

Original text of this message