perl6, types (was: Constraints and Functional Dependencies)

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 15:27:27 +0100

Marshall wrote:

> ... perl6 seems to be having a strange, strange gestation.

Yes. Imagine the anticipation by the fathers. Some have an ambitious database career path in their mind for the unborn infant:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/perl6-language/3336356

I don't know Haskell (enough to find it easy or hard to imagine that). The one time I downloaded HUGS (http://www.haskell.org/hugs/) and toyed with it, the closest thing in my personal baggage I could find was prolog.

The people working on the perl6 prototype (PUGS, http://www.pugscode.org/) show enthusiasm for the type system, e.g. this tutorial by Audrey Tang: http://feather.perl6.nl/~audreyt/osdc/haskell.xul

--
"The person who says it cannot be done
should not interrupt the person doing it."