Re: range remove in BTree, or other table storage

From: laurent <laurentoget_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2007 13:32:34 -0800

On Feb 23, 4:12 pm, "DBMS_Plumber" <paul_geoffrey_br..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Feb 23, 11:28 am, "Cimode" <cim..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 23 fév, 19:54, "laurent" <laurento..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I am very aware of that. Sadly enough my employer is looking for an
> > > implementation of this use case rather than a mere mathematical
> > > rephrasing.
>
> > Just curious but does your employer expect you to build a btree
> > implementation? Are you trying to build a database? Why not using
> > existing btree free database technologies...I suggest using DB2-
> > express C . It is limited to 2 processors and 4gb RAM but has no
> > limit in terms of size. I hope this helps...
>
> Much better, Cimode. A cookie for good behavior. <COOKIE num="1">
>
> Your best bet, Laurent, is to download and use one of the perfectly
> fine B-Tree implementations available for free on these here
> intertubes.

I am very happy with my BTree implementation, thank you very much. However I do not have a bulk deletion algorithm, and neither do the BTree implementations I am aware of. There are mentions of Bulk Insert and Delete in the GiST papers but they do not seem to have an implementation of it. Received on Fri Feb 23 2007 - 22:32:34 CET

Original text of this message