Re: range remove in BTree, or other table storage

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2007 12:45:05 -0800

On Feb 23, 9:42 am, "Cimode" <cim..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 23, 6:34 pm, "laurent" <laurento..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > care to explain what you mean by 'interset fusion'? google does not
> > know anything about it.
>
> I am afraid you will not get a serious database education by using
> google or online questions, but by reading books such as the one
> suggested.

Certainly reading books in an excellent method of education, but I disagree that there is no educational value in using the internet. There are online resources such as citeseer, the acm repository, and even the much-maligned wikipedia can get you going on a variety of topics. Sometimes you hear about a paper and can't find it any other way except Google. Academic papers are an excellent resource for education and for learning practical techniques, although you may have to sift through a fair number to find what you are looking for.

Marshall Received on Fri Feb 23 2007 - 21:45:05 CET

Original text of this message