Re: range remove in BTree, or other table storage

From: Sampo Syreeni <decoy_at_iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 16:42:23 +0200

On 2007-02-23, Cimode wrote:

> The most efficient way to do bulk inserts is interset fusion.

What's that? I've probably stumbled onto it, but under a different name.

> As B-trees are themselves hacks because they do not separate logical
> and physical, the chances you will be able to build efficient bulk
> insert through b-trees are NULL.

I don't really understand this either. I've always thought of B-trees as a physical implementation detail, so I don't see where they contain anything logical at all. Especially if hidden behind some neat abstraction, like a GiST.

--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - mailto:decoy_at_iki.fi, tel:+358-50-5756111