Re: Objects and Relations

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 02:24:09 GMT

Lemming wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:50:55 GMT, Bob Badour
> <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>>Humans tend toward laziness and complacency. Something has to shock them

>>from their revery before they act.

> Blimey, seems like school is out again.
>
> I'll come back in a week or so. Maybe there will be some grownups
> here by then.

Blimey yourself. Things aren't likely to change in ten years at the rate this group is going. The thread title, "Objects and Relations" ought to tell any regular reader that it is about apples and oranges aka minotaurs and two-legged creatures.

It is so bloody ironic to me that much of what's been posted here lately has more to do with with c.d. philosophy, none of which could never be implemented by a genious, let alone any sane person. Sometimes I think that the reason is there are so many people who aren't familiar with what a computer can do and never bothered finding that out who persist in trying to make them do things they can't. There's now been enough object history to show that humans are not likely to ever agree on any of OO's logical implications whereas the tiny, tidy relational theory remains misunderstood by so many who seem to think that it could be better if only it were bigger.

p Received on Fri Feb 23 2007 - 03:24:09 CET

Original text of this message