Re: Navigation question

From: Andy Dingley <dingbat_at_codesmiths.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2007 08:53:16 -0800

On 14 Feb, 19:47, "Marshall" <marshall.spi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> select * from orders where date > '2006-01-01' and status =
> 'fulfilled' and customerid = 1234
>
> You say what you want and you get just that. No sifting
> through stuff you don't want; no navigating.

Why is that good though? Because it avoids navigation, or because it avoids round-tripping?
IMHO it's avoiding the second thhat is the advantage here, not the first

This isn't to say I'm in favour of nvaigation, but this example doesn't make the case against it. A navigational stored procedure on the DB server would have much the same benefit. Received on Tue Feb 20 2007 - 17:53:16 CET

Original text of this message