Re: Objects and Relations

From: JOG <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk>
Date: 18 Feb 2007 10:38:37 -0800

On Feb 18, 5:28 pm, "Cimode" <cim..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 18 fév, 17:47, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote:> Bob Badour wrote:
> > > I find the above lacks insight in a profound way. The RM is a formalism
> > > that systematically applies predicate logic to the task of managing
> > > data. OO is an ad hoc computational model based on an arbitrary set of
> > > features useful for creating large unpredictable state machines out of
> > > small predictable state machines.
>
> > I think it would be a public service to re-post this weekly. It seems
> > to me an appropriate reply to oh so many of the posts here. I suppose
> > it could be done automatically ala your plonk mechanism but that would
> > only invite the triflers to do the same, so perhaps the personal
> > approach remains best.

> While I agree with the general thematics guiding the above description
> of RM vs OO, I would like to draw your attention on the danger of
> locking up RM in an elitist bias.
>
> That is fundamentally the reason, I will always oppose approaches of
> RM that are primarily based on negation (*plonking*, *cranking* or
> whatever segregational attitudes) of anything else. When you look at
> BB's, Marshall, Keith's Duggar attitude into this board you will
> realize soon that they do not bring anything or little to RM cause but
> intidimidation, judgment and power driven hyppocrit selfish motives.

I have learnt a lot from these boards. Some have taught me theory, some the ability to express ideas more concisely. Even from others I often argue with (such as Dawn) I have learnt common views in business that one must expect to encounter, how difficult terminology can be to express with clarity, and the care one must take in making arguements.

>From yourself however, Cimode, I have learnt nothing so far. Nada.

> They are the first to accuse people of intellectual dishonnesty when
> they display tons of it at every corner...How can such incoherence not
> hurt RM?

Cimode, I really feel you have to get out there more. There is a definite lack of social awareness at work, which I sincerely hope you can remedy over time. Your claims of "Fraud this", "Fraud that", "Marshall is a selfish hypocrit" (!?), etc, etc, ad infinitum, with misquotes and changes of context... well it come across to a neutral reader as rather embarrassing. J. Received on Sun Feb 18 2007 - 19:38:37 CET

Original text of this message