Re: Objects and Relations

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 16:47:02 GMT

Bob Badour wrote:
> I find the above lacks insight in a profound way. The RM is a formalism
> that systematically applies predicate logic to the task of managing
> data. OO is an ad hoc computational model based on an arbitrary set of
> features useful for creating large unpredictable state machines out of
> small predictable state machines.

I think it would be a public service to re-post this weekly. It seems to me an appropriate reply to oh so many of the posts here. I suppose it could be done automatically ala your plonk mechanism but that would only invite the triflers to do the same, so perhaps the personal approach remains best.

p Received on Sun Feb 18 2007 - 17:47:02 CET

Original text of this message