Re: OT: Where? and What?

From: Walt <wamitty_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 13:25:05 GMT

"Cimode" <cimode_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1171726482.106996.123680_at_m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... On 16 fév, 23:02, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote:
> Cimode wrote:

> >>I'm not sure I understand what "market dominant minorities" means,
> >>guessing it has to do with economics but I'm pretty sure we're all
> >>allergic to hydrocarbons. Africa and Asia are fond of leaded gasoline
too.

> > As most Americans, he means that he has no clue what's happening in
> > the rest of the world and pretty much relies on nothing else than a
> > limited distorded stereotypical perception of it.
>
> Well, I suspect he's not a Yank. I've lived in a few places in Europe
> and Africa and noticed limited distorted stereotypical perceptions in
> those places too. Suspect it's the same in the rest of the world. Must
> be a bunch of reasons but human nature and the generally flunky press
> are two.

In all history, all nations demonstrated stereotypical attitudes towards one another but only dominant nations add arrogance to the equation....

Not true. Every once in a while, a non dominant nation adds arrogance to the equation...
and promptly gets pounded down by the dominant nations. This happens
quickly enough so that most of us forget. Received on Sun Feb 18 2007 - 14:25:05 CET

Original text of this message