Re: OT: Where? and What?

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2007 07:39:25 -0800

On 16 fév, 23:02, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote: paul c wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand what "market dominant minorities" means,
> guessing it has to do with economics but I'm pretty sure we're all
> allergic to hydrocarbons. Africa and Asia are fond of leaded gasoline too.

Market dominant minorities: korean shopkeepers in east LA for example or
european-descended farmers in Rhodesia.

> Well, I suspect he's not a Yank. I've lived in a few places in Europe
> and Africa and noticed limited distorted stereotypical perceptions in
> those places too. Suspect it's the same in the rest of the world. Must
> be a bunch of reasons but human nature and the generally flunky press

> Bob Badour wrote:
> ...> are two.
> Market dominant minorities: korean shopkeepers in east LA for example or
> european-descended farmers in Rhodesia.
What else than a Yank could summarize the world to korean shopkeepers in east LA and european-descended farmers in Rhodesia. Gimme a break... Received on Sat Feb 17 2007 - 16:39:25 CET

Original text of this message