Re: Navigation question

From: Walt <wamitty_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:54:10 GMT

"dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171574371.596968.244380_at_p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...
> On Feb 14, 2:22 pm, "Carl Federl" <cfed..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> > <Do large, production-quality, highly usable and useful, data-based,
> > read-and-write software applications actually exist where there is no
> > code in the software that navigates around the database?
> >
> > Yes, there are many large, production-quality, highly usable and
> > useful that do not have any database navigation performed by the
> > application.
>
> The formatting on this one isn't easy for me to read, Carl, but I'll
> give it a spin. I'm working to figure out precisely what "database
> navigation" means to others, particularly to those who oppose it. So,
> from this statement I believe that there are such applications that
> perform no "navigation" as you understand the term, which might not be
> how I have previously understood the term.

Let's see. You've been working on database applications since when? Since the 1980s?
And you're just now getting around to understanding what others mean by "database navigation"?
The mind boggles.

Surely you can't be seruious! Received on Fri Feb 16 2007 - 19:54:10 CET

Original text of this message