Re: Navigation question

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2007 22:21:44 -0800

On Feb 15, 5:42 pm, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Marshall wrote:
> > On Feb 15, 4:11 pm, "dawn" <dawnwolth..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>Whether working with VSAM files, Pick, or SQL-DBMS's,
> >>this approach has worked and has never been contested by anyone as
> >>being either difficult to maintain or to perform poorly.
>
> In the above, she exposes her own ignorance.

What I found shocking was not the ignorance per se but the fact that apparently her cohort is entirely devoid of understanding of client/server architecture! Could she have been working exclusively in mainframe land? Or SMB apps or something? I am at a loss to imagine how the "has never been contested by anyone" could happen.

> Why do you bother with Dawn?

I'll be interested to see how she reacts to the 10^8 / 10^12 argument. It's indisputably a dealbreaking architecture issue.

Marshall Received on Fri Feb 16 2007 - 07:21:44 CET

Original text of this message