Re: Objects and Relations

From: JOG <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk>
Date: 15 Feb 2007 09:05:59 -0800

Sigh. Let me take you back to what you initially wrote Cimode:

Cimode wrote:
> >>What I meant is that LegoBlock
> >>and Location concepts should be separated if LegoBlock is to be
> >>considered a relation. A relation *must* have a stable primary key.
> >>Location is not a stable primary key therefore it does not identify
> >>LegoBlock.

For a legoBlock, location is perfectly acceptable as an identifier. It is unstable, and so potentially a bad design choice, but still perfectly valid identifier at any instant. My complaint at what you wrote has nothing to do with hollow spheres (which require a location +radius identifier), and I will not get dragged off by a red herring.

>> Please be sincere.
I assume that you will show the same sincerity in acknowledging that bad design choice != contravening RM. Received on Thu Feb 15 2007 - 18:05:59 CET

Original text of this message