Re: Objects and Relations

From: David BL <davidbl_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: 14 Feb 2007 18:36:06 -0800

On Feb 15, 10:43 am, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote:
> Keith H Duggar wrote:
> > David BL wrote:
> >>An interesting question is whether we try to distinguish
> >>pieces that for all intensive purposes look the same.
>
> > The phrase is "intents and purposes". And "look the same"
> > hardly encompasses all the facts we can state (see below).
>
> Heh, looks like the Rev. Spooner is alive and well at c.d.t.

I'm pretty good at spoonerisms and even better at mixed metaphors.

It's amazing how often metaphors are so similar. Just recently I nearly confused myself with the difference between "Hear a pin drop" and "Hear pennies drop".

Cheers Received on Thu Feb 15 2007 - 03:36:06 CET

Original text of this message