Re: Objects and Relations

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Feb 2007 18:15:59 -0800

On Feb 1, 4:40 pm, Lemming <thiswillbou..._at_bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On 1 Feb 2007 00:01:48 -0800, "Marshall" <marshall.spi..._at_gmail.com>
>
> >I have the utmost respect for C++. It was the premiere language
> >of the 1990s, and a huge step ahead of C. However I
> >hope never to have to use it again.
>
> Please forgive me, but I'm curious. If you have left C++ behind,
> what do you work with now?

It's hardly worth your curiosity, but I'm happy to answer. I've been doing Java programming since 1996 or so. Shortly after that I figured out that SQL was worth my attention so I started learning about that. All anyone wants to make anymore is web applications; a Java servlet middle tier and an SQL back tier is a pretty decent and pretty popular way to go. Have done maybe a dozen?

Java is okay. Not as high level as I'd like, but at least I don't have to do manual memory management.

Marshall Received on Fri Feb 02 2007 - 03:15:59 CET

Original text of this message