Re: Objects and Relations

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Feb 2007 11:32:12 -0800

> Riddle:
> Go to the store and buy a big bag of potatoes. Take
> the potatoes out of the bag one at a time. When
> you take the last potato out, does the bag disappear? Poof!

Now suppose, I go back to the grocery store and get another bag of potatoes. When I take out the last potato from it, I am left with two empty bags. How does this square with set theory saying there is only one empty bag?

> > ... what represents nothing in set theory?
>
> Anything can represent anything. My nose represents the number 3.

That is fine by me, as long at there is a system as to why ears are 29, and knees are 999 :) Received on Thu Feb 01 2007 - 20:32:12 CET

Original text of this message