Re: Network Example: Sibling of Opposite Gender

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Dec 2006 08:51:33 -0800

> --> Neo: Given example of hierarchy 1, get me the RM solution for the
> problem , here is the dbd solution...
> --> Anybody: here is the solution to your problem, what do you conclude
> from it (the solution is far more efficient)
> --> Neo: Thanks. Let's add a handicap to the problem of hierarchy 1,
> can you give me the solution RM wise...
> --> Anybody: OK here's the solution...Do you understand why your
> previous approach was flawed?
> --> Neo: Given example of hierarchy 2, get me the RM solution for the
> problem, here is the dbd solution....
> AND SO FORTH.....
Notice that the key query in "Find Siblings of Opposite Gender" and "Find Siblings of Opposite Build" are nearly identical as shown below:

(!= (and (get person instance *)

            (get * gender (get (get john gender *) opposite *))
            (get (get * child john) child *))
     john)

(!= (and (get person instance *)
            (get * build (get (get john build *) opposite *))
            (get (get * child john) child *))
    john)

I am wondering if adapting your RMDB solution for "Opposite Gender" to "Opposite Build" will have any significant affect on its query. Received on Sun Dec 31 2006 - 17:51:33 CET

Original text of this message