Re: Databases as objects

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Dec 2006 09:28:08 -0800

On Dec 22, 7:01 am, kvnkrkpt..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> I introduced myself to this group with a little parody
> At the time, I had a hard time understanding how certain members of CDT
> failed to see right through it. In my mind, it was utterly transparent
> baloney - how could it possibly be mistaken for anything but parody?

Heh. I did the same thing on sci.math. There are so many nutjobs over there; it's amazing! So I wrote up a post in which I "proved" that every odd number except two and "infinity minus one" was prime. I thought it was a fairly clever use of absurdity, but my responses were mostly angry debunking. Turns out that when you're defending yourself from a tidal force of nonsense, parody becomes harder to recognize.

Marshall Received on Fri Dec 22 2006 - 18:28:08 CET

Original text of this message