Re: Databases as objects

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 22:30:17 GMT

Thomas Gagne wrote:
> Cimode wrote:
>

>> Thomas Gagne a écrit :
>>
>>> Why update each row individually when I can update them all at once?
>>
>> Why use objects when you can use relations.  RM theory simply describes
>> a schema a one complex single relation.

> I'm not advocating objects over relations.

This is twice you have denied what you are obviously doing. I conclude you lack intellectual honesty, and I won't bother wasting any more of my valuable time on you.

[The data management system] should hide its data and only be used
> through its interface, just like they do with other objects in their
> models.

I think you will find the intelligent and informed folks around here will find your pursuit perverse.

   In the same way OO programmers send messages to objects to have
> them do things programmers should send messages to their database to
> have it do things.

In other words, piss away two or three millenia of advances in our understanding of logic in favour of a retarded physical protocol. Sounds genius. ::rolls eyes::

[snippage] Received on Thu Dec 21 2006 - 23:30:17 CET

Original text of this message