Re: Databases as objects

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ocis.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:03:11 -0800

Thomas Gagne <tgagne_at_wide-open-west.com> wrote:

[snip]

>. . . However, being able to
>improve performance in one place (like a procedure or view) is preferred
>to needing editing SQL sprinkled throughout an application or toolkit.

     What sprinkling? Most of my SQL code is a very small part of an app. If I needed to, I could isolate it. Often, one SQL statement does a lot of work. It is all the other manipulation of data for the UI that I worry about.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.