Re: Concurrency in an RDB

From: NENASHI, Tegiri <tnmail42_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 03:31:53 +0100 (CET)

"David" <davidbl_at_iinet.net.au> wrote in

> NENASHI, Tegiri wrote:

>> It is impossible to see what you mean because you have not responded
>> to:
>>  what the compile of transaction is.  Why compile(T1+T2) is diffrent
>>  of
>> compile(T1), compile(T2) ? What is the compile ?

> I brought up this example to show that complex integrity constraints
> can lead to poor performance. There is a DB of source code with an
> integrity constraint that it must compile successfully at all times.
> This would normally require a recompile of the source code to validate
> every mutative transaction (a failure to compile would cause the
> transaction to abort). Sampo suggested that transactions could be
> validated in batches (ie accumulated) so the recompile was performed
> less often. I pointed out that if the error rate is high then
> batching won't help at all.

You have not showed this because we do not know a) what the compile is; b) why the compile in batches is different of the individual compile -- why, when in the batch, one neeeds to compile more ? Your description is very general and non-understandable. What is this compile ? Is it that you cannot give an example of compile ? If this is so, then you are just playing with words.