Re: Concurrency in an RDB

From: Sampo Syreeni <decoy_at_iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:56:22 +0200

On 2006-12-12, David wrote:

> It is kind of like an optimistic concurrency control except that the
> mathematics of OT allows for convergence to be achieved without any
> concept of conflict, even though different sites apply operations in
> different orders.

How is that different from compensation processing, as applied in the context of semantic concurrency control, and more specifically level-specific conflict resolution in the multilevel and open nested transaction models? As I've understood it, that sort of thing is in common use in transaction processing environments, e.g. in the banking industry.

--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - mailto:decoy_at_iki.fi, tel:+358-50-5756111