Re: Generalised approach to storing address details

From: JOG <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk>
Date: 14 Dec 2006 14:33:40 -0800

Marshall wrote:

> On Dec 13, 8:56 am, "Neo" <neo55..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > It has been proven in numerous research studies that menu's
> > > use is deletrious if nesting goes above two levels...
> > > Imprisoning users in Hierarchy and the simulation of paper in a more
> > > powerful media, are anchors round the neck of IT users that you would
> > > do well to not perpetuate.
> > > Very little in the world is hierarchical.
> > When using Google to read the multitude of posts within a thread (like
> > this one), do people find it imprisoning or liberating to use the
> > tree/hierarchal interface along the left side? Could it be improved by
> > limiting the depth to two levels or by presenting that information in a
> > tabular form?
>
> I frickin' *hate* the tree view in Google Groups. I kill that pane
> whenever I see
> it and just use pure thread view. Thread view rulez; tree view suxorz.

Oh, and neo, you can now not reply to my posts because I no longer see your responses. This is unfortunate, but given the amount of unnecessary spam (there is no other word for it) you produce, general damage you do to the discussions on these boards, and the fact that you have no interest in listening to people who invest their time trying to communicate theory to you, there is little option. Received on Thu Dec 14 2006 - 23:33:40 CET

Original text of this message