Re: Generalised approach to storing address details

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2006 14:40:40 -0800

Rob a écrit :

> Cimode wrote:
> >
> > RM was created on the first place in the perspective of getting away
> > from the sterile hierarchic paradigm of computing...A way for breaking
> > the vicious circle in which lots of idiots try to get us back...
> >

> Entirely false and self-serving.

[Snipped crapolla]
I guess ignoring the history of problems created by hierarchical paradigm before RM is a part of the ignorant's toolset.

> Second, 'sterile hierarchic paradigm of computing' is your opinion,
> nothing more. In point of fact, everything the average computer
> enduser/knowledgeworker uses (besides spreadsheets and SQL responses)
> is hierarchical: menus, org charts, table of contents, the Web.
> Sterile for you perhaps, but effective for the rest of us.
Yeah so menus, org and the Web are so precise scientific concepts and arguments that they should indeed guide the science of computing...What a bunch of crappola...

> If one objective of database experts is to broaden access to
> databases and use of relational technologies, perhaps the experts
> should show some concern for making such access and use available
> through interfaces (like hierarchical) that are more intuitive
> to non-experts instead of branding as 'idiots' anyone who cannot
> master modeling with relations, formulating queries in SQL or
> making sense of unnormalized SQL extensions (i.e., query
Nobody owes an education to your lazy ignorant ass!!! If you want to master modeling then READ....Do not come blame others when they try to help you by telling you what you do not want to hear...The best way to help people is by encouraging them to educate themselves to better help themselvest...Mastering modeling involves first a PERSONNAL effort whether with reading

> Your vitriol sounds to me like job security: As long as the gcd
> (greatest common denominator) interface to RDBs and RDBMEs (engines,
> servers) remains SQL, you will be in great demand. Considering that
> a small business could deploy a competent RDBMS for less than $5K
> and the annual cost of one SQL expert is upwards of $250K, one has
> to regard the SQL Meta Meta Model as the most significant obstacle
> to the widespread DIRECT use of database technology by those who
> are not SQL experts.
On the contrary, as long as morons like you deal with the databases, I am pretty reassured my phone shall ring to come clean up their mess...

And YES, you are an idiot and given your natural tendency for vociferance, that is not about to change...