Re: Generalised approach to storing address details

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Dec 2006 20:53:59 -0800

> I would imagine that the answer to this lies in the fact that once one
> employs EAV one is no longer using the RM as the logical model, but
> rather merely as storage device for a different model (a ternary one at
> that).

Could you describe the approximate steps one could follow to determine when a relational database is no longer using RM as the logical model?

For example, in the general case, if we have the following relation:

T_ABC
Attrib1 Attrib2 Attrib3 ...
val1 val2 val3 ...

In terms of above, what would let us know? For example, values starting with the letter q. Or if val1 is the same as Attrib2... Received on Sat Dec 09 2006 - 22:53:59 CST