Re: How to find Brothers and Sisters?

From: Neo <>
Date: 2 Dec 2006 08:02:29 -0800

> Getting John's brother and sisters without involving Adam in da query
> select,
> from person P2 inner join link on = link.parent
> inner join (select id from link inner join person P1
> on child = where = 'John') B
> on =
> where <> 'John'

Thx. I am having trouble determining if our solutions in RMDB/SQL are equivalent. I have verified the following in MS Access. Are they equivalent? (I realize above query is for brothers and sisters where as the following is just for brothers)

FROM ((person INNER JOIN link ON person.ID = link.childID) INNER JOIN link AS link2 ON link.parentID = link2.parentID) INNER JOIN person AS P2 ON link2.childID = P2.ID WHERE (((<>"John")

             AND (("John")
             AND (("Male"));