MI5 Persecution: Bindman and Partners, Solicitors

From: <MI5-Victim_at_mi5.gov.uk>
Date: 29 Nov 2006 20:47:28 GMT

Bindman and Partners, Solicitors

As early as the start of 1995 I was in communication with a local lawyer to attempt to identify the "persecutors". In January 1996, on the advice of my psychiatrist, I wrote to Robin Lewis at the well-known London firm of Bindman and Partners. My doctor told me another of his patients was being represented by this firm, and described them as the "underdogs' solicitor".

My three-page letter to Mr Lewis (dated 23 January 1996) went into quite a lot of detail about what had happened at my former employers in Oxford in 1992, and the external-to-the-company stimulus to that harassment. I also described the BA incident in June 1993, and suggested that Mr Lewis's firm could represent me in a legal action, either against my former employers, or against one of the organisations which had been molesting me.

Robin Lewis's reply was brief in the extreme, and is reproduced here.

My reply (dated 11 February 1996) said I was "disappointed to receive your insultingly brusque reply to my letter and would ask you to look again at the matter." To which Mr Lewis replied;

I wrote to him again on 29 February 1996; he replied as follows.

On 29 March 1996, and again on 21 April 1996, I did again write to Robin Lewis, but he did not reply.

Three years later, on 25 May 1999, I again wrote to Bindmans, following a referral from MIND's legal department. Again I wrote, this time to Nick Braithwaite, with a detailed statement; and again they sent a reply terse to the point of rudeness.

On the phone I suggested to Mr Braithwaite that his refusal to take my instructions was due to prejudice against the mentally ill. He spluttered and coughed, and said words to the effect that he usually found that a mentally ill person's complaint would be a product of their delusion.

At the time of writing (April 2000) I have completely given up on the "lawyer option", having tried and failed repeatedly to secure the assistance of the legal profession.

121