Re: vehicle to autoparts relationships

From: javelin <google.1.jvmail_at_spamgourmet.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2006 14:05:06 -0800

I suppose sections could be parts, but to assign a part number to a section doesn't still doesn't solve the problem. How is that part then related to the vehicle: by the engine, by the transmission, by something else?

An Xref table is a cross reference table used for many to many relationships. Many vehicles can relate to the same part. However, again, what "section" of the vehicle is the part related to?

I definitely want to store relationships in the DB, but don't know what those relationships are.

I'm still a bit confused by your T_Part and T_Par_Child analogy. I think I need to go eat dinner and re-read it.

Thanks for the input. I really do appreciate it.