Re: Database Hosting

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua_at_eeinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:03:12 -0900

Volker Hetzer wrote:
> 25 users is not much. And the number of clients only changes if you sell
> to a new client and this doesn't happen several times a minute, I presume.
>
> In that case there's a third possibility:
> Does your database has the concept of "users"? I'm not mocking you here,
> oracle has, mysql IMHO not, I don't know about your database.
> I.e. can you have 25 accounts in one database, each account having its own
> set of tables, plus individual username/password combinations?

For my learning purposes, can you clarify what you mean by "users"? I've used MySQL for years, and you have users that have right down to the granularity of columns in a table (don't think they have row level permissions yet). MySQL doesn't have roles yet, but they certainly have users. Can you clarify?

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE