Re: vehicle to autoparts relationships

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Nov 2006 13:20:16 -0800

> www.kel-tec.com/su16aparts.html You might heard of that relational database
> stores the whole rifle diassembled completely as this diagram suggests:
> table Parts (partNo integer, ...);

> Contrary to what object people may say that assembling and disassembling things within a computer environment is not a big deal. It is certainly not a reason to dismiss relational approach.

I don't dismiss the relational approach. It is appropriate for many applications. However I would like to compare it with alternative methods. Would anyone be willing to model the rifle in an rmdb and compare it with dbd's solution? We can add varied properties to each part (ie cost, materialType, weight) and run some queries. Received on Wed Nov 22 2006 - 15:20:16 CST