Re: Whatever happened to BS-12?

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 01:37:32 GMT

jlfoster wrote:
> "Roy Hann" <specially_at_processed.almost.meat> wrote in message <news:8JidnWPKlZm9O8HYRVnyvw@pipex.net>...

>>>It was good enough.
>>
>>And it had an IBM badge on it.  For modern readers, consider how today the Microsoft badge protects the technology buyer from
>>rebuke when it turns out badly.

> Wasn't BS/12 also developed by IBM?

Vadim and Marshall may be interested to know that the BS12 UNION behaved like the lattice algebra version, the result attribute set being the intersection of the attributes of the operands (I don't know this first-hand but I remember Hugh Darwen saying something similar).

p Received on Mon Nov 20 2006 - 02:37:32 CET

Original text of this message