Re: FoxPro vs. SQL

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 00:43:13 GMT

jlfoster wrote:

> "Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:U_12h.13046$cz.216882_at_ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
>

>>Cindy Winegarden wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Alex,
>>
>>Was there a really need to cross-post to so many unrelated newsgroups even after the counter-productiveness of cross-posting has
>>been pointed out and after someone has already pointed out that "google is your friend" ?
>>
>>(Microsoft's Most Vociferous People are such tedious drones.)
>
> The problem is with multi-posting, not with cross-posting, right?
> (one post : multiple newsgroups vs. duplicated postings)

I am not sure what you are asking. The original question was cross-posted to a bunch of inappropriate newsgroups. Others pointed out that the question violated every rule of thumb for getting pertinent answers.

And then the MVP had to waste everybody's time with an essentially content-less reply cross-posted to all of the same newsgroups. If she wanted to promote herself, she could just as easily have replied in the one newsgroup where her self-aggrandizing ignorance gets rewarded. She didn't really have to inflict it on everybody else.

By including this newsgroup, she more-or-less invited folks like me to point and laugh at her nonsense. Received on Sun Nov 19 2006 - 01:43:13 CET

Original text of this message